1. Show up to the studio 10-15min before class starts!
Give yourself time to get yourself settled in the studio space
2. Remove your shoes and enter the practice space in a way that honors the existing energy.
We work hard to keep the space safe and comfortable.
We understand if you've had a bad day, but please breathe through it and work through it on the mat.
3. Turn your phone off & leave it outside of the hot room
Decide that whatever happens during class you will deal with once your class is over.
4. Put your belongings in the change rooms
If you'd feel more comfortable, you can leave things by the reception desk too!
5. Keep away from heavy perfume. It can cause allergic reaction.
Practicing yoga in the heat can heighten the senses and for this reason, we ask that you avoid heavy fragrances in the interest of others who may not be vibing with your scent.
6. ALWAYS wear enough clothing to cover the essentials.
Its uncomfortable for both the teacher and the students around you
7. Gently lay your mat down giving the person next to your left and right enough room to enter and exit their mat without needing to walk on yours.
8. Be that kind soul that offers to adjust their mat to make space for that last student standing around looking for a spot.
9. Stay with the poses being offered by the instructor, modify them if needed, and keep the practice healthy for your body.
Inquire with the instructor before or after class if you have any questions or need guidance.
10. Approach the class with compassion and a healthy respect for the human body- Go at your own pace
11. Please do not have conversations with other students during class &/or correct other students.
It is the teachers role to help everyone in the practice, we suggest that you focus on yourself on your mat.
12. Stay through final savasana.
If you must leave early set up by the door, inform the instructor when possible, and quietly gather up your belongings making the quietest most unassuming exit of your life.
13. Practice good hygiene and wash your clothing before coming to the studio
As your body is exposed to heat, your pores will naturally open making it important to have your skin in contact with clean clothing.
We ask that you wash your clothing after class at home and not in the showers making time for your fellow students to also have time to shower. We recommend Dr Bronner's pure castile tea tree soap which you can find for sale at the studio!
14. If you are sick please stay home and get better.
15. Recover and hydrate
Your body is precious and we ask that you honour it not only during the class, but afterwards.
Coconut Water (which you will find for sale at reception) is an incredible tool for recovery after hot yoga.
We are a caring community and we hope that you enjoy our space and fill it with your joy and energy too.